Sunday, November 16, 2008

I am ... Randy Moskotaywenene


Randy Moskotaywenene is a bear of man who oversees the daily operation of WRN in Sioux Lookout. For all his outward physical strength, Randy is deeply devoted to his wife and children. The Michikan Lake member started with Wawatay Radio Network as a casual console operator but quickly earned more and more responsibilities as managers took notice of his hard work and dedication.

In addition, "I am" is now comprised of myself and Brent Wesley – Wawatay Native Communications Society interim media director. Brent and I will be working together and sharing photo credits for all "I am" images.

We decided to work together for a few reasons. Mine was simply to bring someone in who believes in some of the same things I do which is mainly celebrating all that's positive about Indigenous cultures and people through photography. Brent had also been seeking a creative outlet to hone his photography skills.

Randy's portrait was our first collaborative effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment